Reluctant Cowboy

Reluctant Cowboy
Reluctant Cowboy

Friday, January 14, 2011

Thursday, January 13th

This morning was negotiation time. David was invited to a party for his classmate Hope. I had to find him a ride to the movie theatre so that he could join the group seeing TRON: The Legacy. I found Gina Hickson in the parking lot, and she agreed to take him and better yet, get him a present. She is such a lifesaver. Thankfully, I have been able to do the same for her so I don't feel so much like an imposition when she helps me out. I told David and he was excited.

But, I had to help Mason do his homework sheet in class before it started. Ugh. His attention span was less than advantageous, to say it nicely. We counted items in the picture and colored in squares for how many there were and made a bar graph. Let's clear that up. I, HEIDI, made a bar graph. Mason sighed. And fidgeted. And drew a desultory line across the paper while I colored in the squares.

Edwin picked up Caroline and Mason and took them home. I went at 11 to Janet's office to join her and Brian for a webinar on blog building. It was great, and then at 12:45 I went out to Riverside and took photos and notes of a new class that A&M and TEEX's TFSA are putting on for Crime Scene Investigation. The class was all girls! What? Boys too squeamish? Those girls were having a great time finding the shell casings, bullet holes, tire marks, blood drops, duct tape, broken glass, etc. The Eagle and KBTX, the local newspaper and tv station, had sent crews as well, so it was exciting and hard to stay out of each other's shots. I got to go into the house after all the media left and visit with Christine and get a quote from a student.

I went home and did some work with the photos so I could upload them to Flickr. Then, I picked up Connor and David from Cinemark, and we took Connor home. I went home, worked more, talked with Mimi, and apparently snored a lot while I slept. Sorry Edwin!

No comments: