Reluctant Cowboy

Reluctant Cowboy
Reluctant Cowboy

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Catching up.

Friday was very busy. So busy we didn't get to speech therapy. Yes Amy, I know. Saturday Mimi came to visit. When I spoke with her Friday eve, she mentioned coming over to see Aunt Florence for lunch and did I want to come? I told her I'd talk with Edwin. Well, Mimi came at noon to the house, ready to go. ~sigh~ I put on my big-girl pants and got ready. We called to Aunt Florence's, and she had some lunch at her house. So Mimi and I joined Karin and Aunt Florence at 750 N. Rosemary for lunch. The slightly toasty chocolate chip cookies for dessert were organic :) For an impromptu lunch, it was great, and a good time was had by all. Then, Mimi needed a new outfit for Jodi (Rob's daughter) Winkelmann's wedding next weekend (to which she pointed out I wasn't invited). So, we went to Morgan Fitzgeralds. We found a cute red/black jacket for her to wear, and scored some Vera Bradley as well. Then Mimi went home and Edwin attempted to throw himself off the roof fix the leak on the roof where the satellite dish was. He got it off and then caulked the holes. The fun was me trying to *throw* things up to him, like the pliers (okay) and a hanger (8 tries) and a stick to smooth the caulk (several million). Eventually, it was done and Edwin came down the ladder. His audience--Mason and David in lawn chairs--left much earlier. Only I was waiting for him and held the ladder for his triumphant descent. Caroline and Emma were at Cory's, visiting with the new puppy and kitty, so I went to get them around 6:30 p.m., accompanied by my cute shadow, Mason Hard, that I don't always appreciate but do really love. I need to remember to be better about that. Caroline got her hair curled by Sierra to look like Taylor Swift. I opened my mouth and inserted my foot by telling her I didn't like it. Proud mommy moment! I can really be a jerk sometimes, especially after Mimi visits. Ugh.

Today has been a cleaning opportunity ::coughcough::. Edwin cleaned our bathroom from stem to stern. My bathroom sink and counter are pristine. Lovely! I cleaned out the laundry room. The laundry room counter, cabinets, and sink are totally cleared off and cleaned out. There is actually space. Edwin made beef stew and it's wonderful. So even though cleaning is no fun, at least we are able to savor the rewards. And, since I washed the sheets for our bed, clean sheets tonight! Sleep, blessed sleep :)

No comments: