Reluctant Cowboy

Reluctant Cowboy
Reluctant Cowboy

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Monday, January 10. Where in College Station is a Selena Gomez poster?

On Monday, Mason had therapy with Ms Tracy again. He was very excited. I packed up a lunch in a red paper sack, and he demanded to know what was in it. On the ride over, I had to explain the contents over and over. I became so sick of saying "Capri Sun" that I refused to list it again. We got to the house, I tossed him in the door, and left. I then dropped the other two off at the house and went to Hastings. Someone at Target or WalMart had sworn he'd seen a Selena Gomez poster there--nay, TWO Selena posters there. L.I.A.R. liar-pants-on-fire. I scoured that d$mn store and didn't find it. I had to settle for two teeny-bopper magazines at $5 a pop and the super-deluxe $16 cd with the poster and dvd of The Time It Never Rained. Or isn't that the Elmer Kelton book? I love Elmer, but that's another story.


Of course, I was late then getting back to pick up Mason. In the meantime, he told Ms. Tracy that he was afraid his friend Porter, who lives in Pebble Creek too, would come by, see him, and think he had a new mother. WHAT?? We're going through a large insecurity stage with our big cognitive developments lately, and it's crazy the things that are coming out.

At 6:30, Edwin got home and I was ready to go to book club. It was carrot cake and wine at Helen Flynn's house and the book was Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry. It's a slow moving book about a very solitary man who cuts hair in a small town in the south. Who had read it? Everyone but Paula and I; at least she had the good sense and courtesy to go online and read a synopsis. ~sigh~ Not me, of course. I blatantly attended for the cake. But I resolve to do better in the future. I did put a sample of it and the March and April books to be read on my Kindle: Harry Truman's Excellent Adventures and Peace Like a River. February is Kate Morton's The Forgotten Garden, and I borrowed Mary Skow's copy already so I'm ahead of the game on that one :) And then I called Mimi and totally depressed myself and slunk off to bed. Ugh.

No comments: