Reluctant Cowboy

Reluctant Cowboy
Reluctant Cowboy

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday, Jan 5

This was a typical Wednesday for us. Started off dropping off the kids. Trying to get breakfast into them = nightmare. Threatened lives to get them into the van. The garage door is being really crochety, so pulled van out with kids in it, shut garage door, turned on the alarm, and went out the front door. At school, David doesn't like to take Mason up to the Early Room and stay there with him because he wants to play Wall Ball before school. Mason doesn't like sitting watching David play Wall Ball before school, and wants to go to the Early Room and have David stay there with him. Thus the power struggle begins. I really need to find more things to bargain with. David can be threatened with the XBox, but I feel really mean doing that constantly. Mason can be bribed with any form of sugar known to man, so that's easier. But my negotiating skills are already stretched at 7:49 a.m. in the morning, and I have no patience. Plus I am in an open arena filled with other Moms, so there is no room for error. I cannot implode into a screaming, expletive-spewing mess and beat them into submission (something I would never do anyway <<coughcough>>). This morning I chose the clever ploy of using all the kid's backpacks to build an ingenious barracade for Mason to hide behind in the Wall Ball area. Thus, he could be in the action, yet protected. And Katie Ward, who is always there willing to watch him, was on hand. She is my Mom God-sent friend at KOR. I have her back and she has mine. Thus, I was able to wheel away at 8:07 for my meeting across town at It's A Grind at 8:15. Yea!

After the meeting and then visiting with Brian at the Connally building, I met Amy for lunch at Jason's Deli. Whole wheat gnocchi with sweet potatoes? No, we didn't eat that--it's what I bought at World Market because Amy dared me. I'm going to try to make for it my family sometime this week. We're liking the pasta with pesto and feta cheese mixed in, so I thought I'd try this. I did not get the vodka marinara sauce to go with it, though. I'll just drink vodka along with it to make up for that.

Mason had his first speech therapy session with Ms Darlene for the year. Traveling up in the elevator, he asked the three ladies who got in with us,
"What did you get for Christmas?" 
and they had trouble remembering! We're working on putting together phonetics, and he's flying along. He also worked on wide and narrow and just aced that :) He also told a lady in the hall that she was really big. I need to work on things we think, and things we say. David needs a refresher course anyway....

No comments: